- Effects of weight loss among metabolically healthy obese men and women.
- Peter M Janiszewski and R. Ross. Diabetes Care. June 23, 2010. [Epub ahead of print]
- Does loss of gluteofemoral fat through exercise and diet deteriorate metabolic health?
- Peter M Janiszewski and J.L. Kuk. International Journal of Obesity. Jun, 2010;34(6):1099-1100.
- Breast Volume is an Independent Predictor of Visceral and Ectopic Fat in Premenopausal Women.
- Peter M Janiszewski, T.J. Saunders and R. Ross. Obesity. 2010; 18 (6): 1183–1187.
- The Utility of Physical Activity in the Management of Global Cardiometabolic Risk.
- Peter M Janiszewski, and R. Ross. Obesity. 2009; 17: S3–S14.
- Insulin Resistance and Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease in Young Adult Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Kevin C Oeffinger, Beverley Adams-Huet, Ronald G Victor, Timothy S Church, Peter G Snell, Andrea L Dunn, Debra A Eshelman-Kent, Robert Ross, Peter M Janiszewski, Alicia J Turoff, Sandra Brooks, and Gloria Lena Vega. Journal of Clinical Oncology. Aug 1, 2009; 27(22): 3698-704.
- Associations of the Limb Fat to Trunk Fat Ratio With Markers of Cardiometabolic Risk in Elderly Men and Women.
- Saunders, T.J., L. E. Davidson, Peter M. Janiszewski, J-P. Despres, R. Hudson, and R. Ross. Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences. Oct, 2009; 64(10): 1066
- Abdominal obesity and physical inactivity are associated with erectile dysfunction independent of body mass index.
- Peter M. Janiszewski, Janssen, I, and R. Ross. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2009; 6: 1990–1998.
- Effects of exercise modality on insulin resistance and functional limitation in older adults: a randomized controlled trial.
- Davidson, L. E., R. Hudson, K. Kilpatrick, J. L. Kuk, K. McMillan, Peter M. Janiszewski, S. Lee, M. Lam, R. Ross. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2009;169(2):122
- Is weight loss the optimal target for obesity-related cardiovascular disease risk reduction?
- Ross, R, Peter M. Janiszewski. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2008; 24(Suppl. D): 25D-31D.
- Is the reduction of lower-body subcutaneous adipose tissue associated with elevations in risk factors for diabetes and cardiovascular disease?
- Peter M. Janiszewski, J.L. Kuk, R. Ross. Diabetologia. 2008; 51(8):1475-82.
- Lifestyle treatment of the metabolic syndrome.
- Peter M. Janiszewski, T. J. Saunders, R. Ross. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. 2008; 2: 99-108
- Does waist circumference predict diabetes and cardiovascular disease beyond commonly evaluated cardiometabolic risk factors?
- Peter M. Janiszewski, Janssen, I, and R. Ross. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30(12): 3105-3109.
- Abdominal obesity, liver fat, and muscle composition in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Peter M. Janiszewski, K. C. Oeffinger, T. S. Church, A. L. Dunn, D. A. Eshelman, R. G. Victor, S. Brooks, A. J. Turoff, E. Sinclair, J. C. Murray, L. Bashore, and R. Ross. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2007; 92(10): 3816-21.
- Body mass index and hip and thigh circumferences are negatively associated with visceral adipose tissue after control for waist circumference.
- Kuk, J.L., Peter M. Janiszewski, Ross, R. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2007; 85: 1540–1544.
- Physical activity in the treatment of obesity: beyond body weight reduction.
- Peter M. Janiszewski, R. Ross. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism. 2007; 32: 512-522
- Physical Activity, Visceral Adipose Tissue, and Metabolic Risk.
- Kuk, J.L., Peter M. Janiszewski, Ross, R. Current Cardiovascular Risk Reports 2007; 1(3): 254–264
Peter M Janiszewski and R. Ross. Physical Activity in the Management of Visceral Obesity and Related Cardiometabolic Risk. In: Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk. Eds. Dr Jean-Pierre Després and Dr Vincenzo Di Marzo. November 2008. ISBN 9781420060843
Aug. 27, 2009 “Paradox: Empty wallets equal bulging waistlines” in Kingston This Week
Aug. 22, 2009 “How TIME magazine got it wrong on exercise and weight loss” in The Kingston Whig Standard
July 22, 2009 “The healthy, but risky choice” in The Kingston Whig Standard
Feb. 5, 2009 “Kingston Seniors Get Fit for Research” in Kingston This Week
Peter M Janiszewski. Submitted to the School of Kinesiology and Health Studies in conformity with the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. April 30, 2010. Queen’s University.